Question:
Gross, rancid oily skin??
2007-03-22 17:39:25 UTC
I have really oily skin, but not much acne. In fact I dont have the definition of acne where I have pimples, just occasional blemishes. I have some old acne scars... what can I do about them? Aside from buy more products? Any home remedies?

I've had this misfortune of not having a foundation that matches my skin tone. The one I have is a lot darker than my skin and looks unnatural. Can I distill it in some way? Make it lighter?? I Have a lot of it and I don't want to toss it out.

I use Proactiv 3x a day. I don't think I overwash, but maybe I do... still I don't want to stop washing so often because then I will get acne for sure.
Ten answers:
sci55
2007-03-22 17:42:31 UTC
Your oily skin is probably a blessing. Most people with oily skin don't get wrinkles as easily as others with dry skin. In the meantime, I'd recommend throwing out old make-up and going to a make-up counter for advice (and new products).
2007-03-22 17:52:46 UTC
Clean & Clear for oily skin works. When u buy products keep your recept because if it is going to work u should see a difference in days. Cornstach home remedy. Egg yoke mask Department stores can make-up the foundation that matches your skin. Beverly Hills. Try Dermablend too. You might need cover under your skin before you put on your make-up. Save recepts so you can take it back if you are not satisfy. Especally expense things.
KNIKKI76
2007-03-22 18:01:07 UTC
I would suggest cutting down on washing your face. The more you wash and rub your face the more you stimulate your sebaceous glands, these are the glands that produce the oil on your skin.

I don't have any really great products or home remedies to offer though. I have suffered with this also for many years.

I would suggest seeing your doctor to see if your hormones are in balance. Certain hormones your body may be producing an overload of also control oil production.

They most likey would suggest an oral contraceptive to get these hormones in balance and control the skin problems you are having. This is a very common thing and that is one of the most common treatments.
♥ emilyy ♥
2007-03-22 17:48:05 UTC
Well for the acne scars, you will have to go to a dermatologist for the best results. they can give you a chemical peel or a laser treatment that will get rid of it fast.

For the oily skin part, buy some oil blotting sheets and take them where ever you go. you can also use Biore Shine Control face wash.

I use both Biore and Proactive, but i switch between them each week.

Pressed powder will absorb the oil on your face. if you go to a MAC counter, they might be able to give you an exact match.

hope i helped!!!!!!!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Child Of Decadence
2007-03-22 19:19:51 UTC
see a dermatologist for the scars. go down to washing your face 2x a day with the proactiv, you are probably over washing which causes the skin to produce more oil. get a powder foundation that does match your skin tone, it will help keep your skin from getting oily during the day.
Jasmin
2007-03-22 19:04:39 UTC
If you can...this is going to sound weird but toilet cover papers...the one you see in public restrooms are great for taking the oils off your skin!! So if you can get some of those instead of buying the expensive blotting sheets, that'll do you wonders and you can wash your face with Aveeno Moisturizing bar. This should really cleanse your pores and get rid of the excessive oil. You can do that in the morning. And in the night follow the same routine but after washing your face with the Aveeno you can put Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly, it's great for everything) on your face to help lock in the good oils. Hope this Helps!
E.M.
2007-03-25 20:01:44 UTC
OK sixx stop using proactive and run to your nearest no to my origins skin care line , I'm at the Macy's Santa Anita mall in Arcadia I can put you on a healthy habit regimen , and you can kiss that oily skin goodbye, and also I can match you with a foundation that matches your skin ,, (626) 445-5711 ex 2937

ask for Elisa-Marie and Yasmin we both can take care of you , and give you a complementary mini facial....
2007-03-22 20:52:06 UTC
kool are you Nikki Sixx? I doubt it. Anyway, I kinda have the same problem, and I just use this Biore face wash, and sometimes I use this Clearasil tinted acne control, it makes your skin not be so oily... I try to forget about it most of the time in hopes it will go away, and I think that actually kind of works. So yeh, rock n' roll!
Amy L
2007-03-22 17:49:33 UTC
I am an independant consultant with Arbonne International. We have a great line of skin care products for people with oily skin (myself included!) . Our products are great, because we have no mineral oil in them, and they are pure, safe, and beneficial. Sometimes, the problem with foundation with oily skin is that it oxidizes, and turns the foundation an orange color. Please email me, and I can help you out!

alee1076@sbcglobal.net
KAT.
2007-03-22 17:48:57 UTC
use lots of moisturizer for scars, they have many without oily film,

also try adding lotion to your make up for extra soft-nest and to make your make up lighter

cut your use of cleaner down to twice a day, always moisturize afterward